Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Innisfree Olive Real Cleansing Oil Review

I believe that the most important part of skin care is cleaning your face. If you have impurities or makeup still left on you skin, then all your other efforts will be pointless. Your skin will be clogged, rough and blemish-prone.

Keeping that in mind and always being dissatisfied with the state of my oily skin, I recently adopted a double cleansing method which is popular in Japan and Korea. It involves removing makeup and sebum from your skin first and then finishing up with a different cleanser for full effect. This method is supposed to keep your skin clean and luminescent.

My first order of business was purchasing Innisfree Olive Oil Real Cleansing Oil to be used as the first step of my evening routine. Innisfree is a lower-end subsidiary of Amore Pacific, a Korean cosmetics company. Innisfree is advertized as a natural brand, using only pure natural ingredients and eco-friendly containers. 

This particular cleanser in made of organic olive oil as its main ingredient. It is said to contain moisturizing ingredients and provide deep cleansing properties. It comes in a 150 ml plastic container with a pump for convenient use. 



The consistency of the cleansing oil is pretty much like olive oil. It is not as heavy as some other oil cleanser that I used, but it is definitely oil, so don't freak out!

It is supposed to be applied first on dry skin with dry hands and then massaged gently to grab makeup and lift it from your skin. I use a couple of pumps of oil to make sure it is enough to spread all over the face. Add a little bit of water and massage gently with your finger tips making sure you don't stretch your skin. The key here is to make sure you reduce the friction between your fingers and the skin on your face while at the same time work on dissolving all the makeup from your skin. Rinse it with warm water. It should leave your skin clean yet moisturized. I follow up with another gentle cleanser, a warm water rinse, and finish with a cold water rinse to close the pores.

I like this cleanser as it does the work properly of removing all the makeup, as I use quite a lot: BB cream/foundation, concealer, powder and what not. It even removes eye makeup when I am too lazy to use special eye makeup remover. After my skin is dry it does not feel stripped of its beneficial oils, on the contrary, it feel moisturized  and nurtured.

OVERALL: Highly recommended. Cleans all the impurities while leaving the skin moisturized.

Ingredients:







1 comment:

  1. I love the post ! totally love the Korean fashion and makeup, especially because I live in Korea
    I’ve been blogging about beauty and food of Korea here, please drop by ^.^
    www.cunggie.com
    oh and my friends always ask me where to get stuff and now there’s finally a website !
    www.mootta.com

    ReplyDelete